ai3 Product Owner
At Audio Analytic we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high-volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed several high-profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
We are looking for a product owner for our highly efficient, embedded sound recognition software product, ai3™. You will be prioritising the continued development of the software and its associated tools. You will also be involved in bringing some of the most advanced consumer technology to market, helping put our sound recognition capabilities into new products created by some of the biggest tech companies in the world.
You’ll be based in our Cambridge office, which is right in the middle of town. For a fast-paced company, our culture is what you’d expect: relaxed, fun, close-knit, hardworking and very rewarding.
The role is to be a product owner in one of our scrum teams. Responsibilities of our product owners include:
- Managing the backlog for the team.
- Assessing value, developing business cases and prioritising user stories and epics to ensure work focusses on that which has maximum value and is aligned with the product strategy.
- Providing elaboration of user stories including definitions of done.
- Defining sprint goals and, alongside the scrum master, helping mitigate impediments to successful team completion of those goals.
In terms of what is particular to this role, you will be:
- Discussing with our engineers and other product owners the benefits of proposed work to improve the product, tooling and processes.
- Understanding customer requirements from the commercial team and occasionally from customers themselves.
- Using your understanding to define and prioritise user stories for product improvement and customer work together.
- Helping refine our processes for customer work to assist with planning.
Skills and experience:
- Experience as a technically-minded product owner using agile and scrum for a minimum of 3 years in a fast-paced, evolving environment.
- An appreciation of the challenges in creating compact, efficient software
- Experience with Jira
- Experience in a customer-facing role
- An understanding of audio processing
If you were to create a word cloud that captured your personal attributes, it would need to include words like articulate, empathetic, analytical, practical and diplomatic. Those qualities will help you settle in and make a real difference from day one, which is important to us – we want you to love what you do.
Working at Audio Analytic is intellectually challenging and rewarding, and we have fun. We are a very open company with a flat hierarchy and a collaborative and positive culture; we don’t stand on ceremony or behind titles, and we have a relaxed but ‘get it done’ approach to everything we do. In order to be successful here you’ll need to be able to embrace all our values and thrive within them, building relationships and communicating effectively with colleagues right across the business.
For this role you’ll also need to be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills.
- First-rate stakeholder communication.
- Excellent organization and time management.
Degree education, likely to have been in a STEM subject.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work / life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include free gym membership, private healthcare, life assurance and free pizza every Friday.