At Audio Analytic we’ve built a market for sound recognition within the high volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed a number of high profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC, Wired, Fast Company, Bloomberg, etc.
Our bold vision is to give all machines a sense of hearing beyond just speech and music and we are well on our way to achieving this.
As the opportunities for sound recognition grow, we want to maintain our leading position in the market which means sharing more of our thought-leadership, research and world-beating technology with the world.
To help achieve our aims we are looking for a Copywriter/Editor-at-Large to join our marketing team and be responsible for planning, developing and creating content.
This content can be anything from deeply scientific papers and presentations (developed in conjunction with our technical experts), to blog posts, web pages, speaker submissions, technology demonstrations, announcements, articles, video, presentations, etc. The format, vehicle or channel is not fixed, and we’d welcome somebody who can bring in tried and tested ideas as well as a desire to innovate.
As a key member of the marketing team, you will engage with colleagues to seek out and discover the exciting technical details of their work and then crafting these into impactful and engaging stories that resonate with our audience.
On a day-to-day basis your role will include:
- Develop a flexible and ambitious technical and non-technical content strategy and editorial calendar based on the objectives of the business both short- and long-term
- Work with our technical teams to uncover, explore and create interesting technical content. Helping them to understand the potential value of their thought-leadership and ideas
- Work with the other members of the marketing team to analyse the success of previous and existing content, looking for continuous opportunities to learn from our successes and mistakes
- Research ideas and content topics that align with shifting industry trends and cutting-edge research
- Constantly evaluate and evolve the way we talk about ourselves and our technology to ensure that it stays fresh, differentiated and consistent
- Work with wider marketing and communications team members to feed into marketing strategy and plans
- Establish light-touch processes that encourage high-quality content creation but without giving away top secret information
- Represent the target audience, based upon in-depth personas that have been developed, when creating content
- Ensure brand values, vision, culture and tone of voice are upheld across every channel of communication
- Milk every drop of value out of each piece of content
- Work closely with our PR and creative agencies
- Support the business with copy-writing, proof-reading and ghostwriting expertise for important internal and external communications
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable experience of understanding and communicating highly technical content, adapting it for different audiences
- Experience of developing or being involved in developing a content strategy, plan and editorial calendar
- Excellent English, copywriting and communication skills
- Knowledge of relevant marketing techniques (eg: SEO, inbound marketing, social media)
- Comfortable and skilled when it comes to challenging or editing the written output of others
- A first-rate project manager who sees everything through to completion
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise workload
- Experience of artificial intelligence, embedded software or anything to do with acoustics and sound
- Held a similar role at another organisation where you acted as an in-house editor/journalist
- Experience as a technical journalist
- Experience with writing press releases
If you were to create a word cloud that captured your personal attributes, it would need to include words like articulate, empathetic, analytical, practical and diplomatic. Those qualities will help you settle in and make a real difference from day one, which is super important to us – we want you to love what you do.
Working here is intellectually challenging and rewarding, and we have fun. We are a very open company with a flat hierarchy and a collaborative and positive culture; we don’t stand on ceremony or behind titles, and we have a relaxed but ‘get it done’ approach to everything we do. In order to be successful here, you’ll need to be able to embrace all our values and thrive within them, building relationships and communicating effectively with colleagues right across the business.
For this role you’ll also need to be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Attention to detail
- Brilliant creativity
- A passion for technology
- Friendly but firm when you need to be
- Ability to respond to feedback and either accept other points of view or stand by your expert opinion
- University degree or equivalent
- Postgraduate marketing, communications, journalism or PR qualification would be a bonus
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include free gym membership, private healthcare, life assurance and free pizza.