At Audio Analytic we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high-volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed several high-profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
You’ll play a critical role in collecting and organising the large volumes of data that is absolutely crucial to the development of our sound recognition algorithms. If you want to be part of a highly innovative company at the cutting edge of technology, building out the first comprehensive library for the taxonomy of sounds, we would love to hear from you.
As a key member of the Data Team, you will be exposed to the full data lifecycle; from innovating novel approaches to data collection, to running bespoke data collection campaigns, to subsequent data processing and secure storage in our internal data platform.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working with the research, development and QA teams to understand data requirements
- Planning project requirements and required work for data collection campaigns
- Executing data collection campaigns out-and-about, in volunteer homes, and in our bespoke sound laboratory
- Working with external and internal data collection volunteers and data labellers
- Performing data processing and upload for secure storage in our data platform
Skills and experience
- Able to plan and organise projects to meet stakeholder requirements
- Strong analytic and organisational skills
- Able to understand complex problems and to solve them independently
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with the Python scripting language
- Experience using Linux and the command line
- Interest in sound and audio
If you were to create a word cloud that captured your personal attributes, it would need to include words like articulate, empathetic, analytical, practical and diplomatic. Those qualities will help you settle in and make a real difference from day one, which is really important to us – we want you to love what you do.
Working at Audio Analytic is intellectually challenging and rewarding, and we have fun. We are a very open company with a flat hierarchy and a collaborative and positive culture; we don’t stand on ceremony or behind titles, and we have a relaxed but ‘get it done’ approach to everything we do. In order to be successful here, you’ll need to be able to embrace all our values and thrive within them, building relationships and communicating effectively with colleagues right across the business.
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in a numerical or natural science subject.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include free gym membership, private healthcare, life assurance and free pizza.