We are the world’s leading sound recognition company. You can find our AI technology in a number of high-profile products from some of the world’s leading consumer tech brands and our patent portfolio is the most extensive in this space. In addition, we are recognised as the pioneers of this industry by market analysts and industry commentators, such as Wired and Voicebot.ai.
We are looking for someone to play a critical role in collecting and organising the large volumes of data that are crucial to the development of our sound recognition algorithms. If you want to be part of a highly innovative company at the cutting edge of technology, building out the first comprehensive library for the taxonomy of sounds, we would love to hear from you.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Collecting high-quality audio data in our bespoke anechoic sound laboratories, in and around Cambridge with other Data Technicians, and through our online audio collection facilities.
- Working with both external and internal data collection volunteers to gather data of great quality and variability.
- Performing data processing using our custom tooling and giving feedback on the software to our developers.
- Curating metadata and audio data in Alexandria to maintain a high level of accuracy and quality across all facets of our data pipeline.
- Assisting our Data Labellers with the annotation of our audio data.
Skills and experience:
- An interest in all things sound and audio. For example, you might already make audio recordings, or be into music production.
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure that all aspects of our recordings are correct.
- Excellent organisational skills and great time management.
- A good standard of day-to-day computing proficiency.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience working with large spreadsheets or databases. For example, working with data in Excel or in a database such as MySQL.
- Familiarity using Linux and the command line would be a bonus.
- Valid UK driving licence.
If you were to create a word cloud that captured your personal attributes, it would need to include words like articulate, empathetic, analytical, practical, and diplomatic. Those qualities will help you settle in and make a real difference from day one, which is really important to us – we want you to love what you do.
Working here is stimulating and rewarding, and we have fun. We are a very open company with a flat hierarchy and a collaborative and positive culture. We don’t stand on ceremony or behind titles, and we have a relaxed but ‘get it done’ approach to everything we do. In order to be successful here you’ll need to be able to embrace our values and thrive within them, build relationships and communicate effectively with colleagues right across the business.
Degree-educated, preferably in a numerical or natural science subject, or at least three years of professional experience.
Our offices are in central Cambridge, though given the current restrictions, most of your work will be done remotely from home using company equipment. The company has a casual dress code, an informal and sociable atmosphere, and a focus on a good work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a wide range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead, and have fun. These include free gym membership, Perkbox, Cycle to Work, private healthcare and life insurance. Currently we are also providing a range of remote activities including a monthly Zoom social, yoga, mindfulness, and remote games.