Immediate start. Central Cambridge.
Competitive salary and benefits dependent on experience, particularly of Agile implementations and business process transformation.
At Audio Analytic we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed a number of high profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
As part of our evolving delivery model, we are building a new team to support the delivery of customer, technical and business change projects of all shapes and sizes.
As a key member of the Delivery and Analysis team, you will use your varied project and stakeholder management expertise to deliver customer, technical and business change projects with a focus on Agile methods and frameworks.
The perfect candidate will naturally drive continuous improvement, put the needs of the team and the customer before their own and they’re not afraid to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to make the project successful.
You will be delivering against a range of short and long-term deadlines and goals. Some of these require you to plan in detail and work closely across customers, external partners and internal teams. Others are continuous technical improvement, product development or process change initiatives, which require adaptability and creative problem-solving, along with exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills.
What you’ll be doing
Day-to-day, you will provide support with a range of tasks to keep the team and the work on track, including:
- Supporting the product owners to structure projects that capture the full scope of the requirements and business change whilst challenging the business case and project assumptions
- Financial and progress reporting; supporting the move to continuous and transparent ways of working using tools like Jira whilst still being responsible for summary-level updates and communications
- Coordinating resources, risks, issues and priorities across the work streams and, frankly, anything else that no one else is doing but is necessary to support the team’s velocity in delivering value and meeting deadlines.
Skills & Experience
- You are skilled at building trust internally and externally, managing team dynamics and motivating people
- Your Agile and lean experience and certifications demonstrate your commitment but you can tell the stories of where it didn’t work out as planned and the lessons learned
- You are learning new techniques and tools all the time and you know when to use them, and you keep up with current trends
- You can respectfully challenge existing processes and work with people to make lasting change that brings the team along with you
- You are comfortable with implementing new ways of working and especially in using tools like Jira to their best and most appropriate extent
- You may have previously worked as a Scrum Master, Digital Project Manager or held a role in process improvement
- You demonstrate diplomacy, leadership (including servant leadership), open communication and facilitation
- You have an interest in or experience of consumer electronics, and experience of product launches would be really valuable
- You have an interest in or experience of machine learning and applied research
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to distribute knowledge across the business
- You have robust organisational skills with the ability to thrive amongst rapidly evolving priorities
- You are able to facilitate a team reaching consensus on scope, design decisions, and implementation decisions, and you can ask pertinent questions to help the team see areas that may lead to problems
If you were to create a word cloud that captured your personal attributes, it would need to include words like confident, articulate, empathetic, analytical, practical and diplomatic. Those qualities will help you settle in and make a real difference from day one, which is really important to us – we want you to love what you do.
Working here is intellectually challenging and rewarding, and we have fun. We are a very open company with a flat hierarchy and a collaborative and positive culture; we don’t stand on ceremony or behind titles, and we have a relaxed but ‘get it done’ approach to everything we do. In order to be successful here, you’ll need to be able to embrace all our values and thrive within them, building relationships and communicating effectively with colleagues right across the business.
You’ll have degree level education or the equivalent experience.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include free gym membership, private healthcare, life assurance and free pizza.