Embedded Software Engineer
Audio Analytic is the pioneer of artificial audio intelligence, which is enabling a new generation of smart products to hear and react to the sounds around us. Developed through applying our machine learning algorithms to large, diverse and primarily-sourced audio data sets, our sound recognition software is embedded into a wide range of consumer products to help them react intelligently.
As part of our engineering team, you will contribute to the design and development of the products and tools which implement and complement our unique sound recognition systems.
You will also be involved in bringing some of the most advanced consumer technology to market, helping integrate our software into new products created by some of the biggest tech companies in the world.
You’ll be based in our Cambridge office, which is right in the middle of town. For a fast-paced company our culture is what you’d expect: relaxed, fun, close-knit, hardworking and very rewarding.
- Software development on our core sound recognition product and tools
- Integration of our software onto customer devices
- Expanding our multi-platform capabilities to support new and existing customer
- Software engineering in C and Python
- Optimisation and debugging skills on embedded platforms including ARM
- Development under Linux/Unix
- Development of compact, correct and clear code
- Familiarity with Jira and Git
- Developer level testing, including unit testing frameworks and test harnesses
- Audio signal processing skills
- Knowledge of hardware architecture
- Understanding of security and cryptography principles
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems
- Customer facing experience
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills and enjoy working in a team
- Good organisational skills and ability to use own initiative
- BSc/Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent education / practical experience
- At least one year in a software engineering position
You can download a PDF version of the job description here.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun.