Graduate Embedded Software Engineer
At Audio Analytic we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high-volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed a number of high-profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
As part of our engineering team, you will be involved in bringing some of the most advanced consumer technology to market, helping integrate our sound recognition software into new products created by some of the biggest tech companies in the world. You will also contribute to the continued design and development of our sound recognition software and associated tools.
You’ll be based in our Cambridge office, which is right in the middle of town. For a fast-paced company, our culture is what you’d expect: relaxed, fun, close-knit, hardworking and very rewarding.
You will be a member of our ai3 engineering team. The team is responsible for the embedded software that implements our unique sound recognition technology. The main tasks are:
- Integrating our software onto customer devices and helping customers correct audio path issues
- Software development on our core sound recognition product and tools
- Expanding our multi-platform capabilities to support new and existing customers
The team is full of friendly, experienced software engineers to help you.
Skills and experience
- Software engineering in C and Python
- Development under Linux/Unix
- Development of compact, correct and clear code
- Familiarity with Jira and Git
- Optimisation and debugging skills on a wide range of embedded platforms including ARM
- Developer level testing, including unit testing frameworks and test harnesses
- Audio signal processing skills
- Understanding of security and cryptography principles
- Familiarity with continuous integration systems
- Customer facing experience
If you were to create a word cloud that captured your personal attributes, it would need to include words like articulate, empathetic, analytical, practical and diplomatic. Those qualities will help you settle in and make a real difference from day one, which is really important to us – we want you to love what you do.
Working here is intellectually challenging and rewarding, and we have fun. We are a very open company with a flat hierarchy and a collaborative and positive culture; we don’t stand on ceremony or behind titles, and we have a relaxed but ‘get it done’ approach to everything we do. In order to be successful here, you’ll need to be able to embrace all our values and thrive within them, building relationships and communicating effectively with colleagues right across the business.
For this role you’ll also need to be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Good organisational skills and ability to use own initiative
- A willingness to learn with an experimental mindset to work out why issues occur
BSc/Master’s degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent education / practical experience
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun.