Machine Learning Engineer
At Audio Analytic we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high-volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed a number of high-profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
Based in central Cambridge you can look forward to a fast-paced, fun, close-knit, hardworking and very rewarding environment. The team is full of friendly experts to help you establish a career in one of the world’s stand-out artificial intelligence companies.
We are looking for people who thrive as part of a dedicated and innovative team, love challenges and are passionate about audio/sound, DSP and Machine Learning.
As a Machine Learning Engineer, you will be running our cutting-edge machine learning algorithms on audio data sets using large cloud-based computer clusters. The models that you produce will be delivered into the company’s products and will also inform our research, thus having a direct impact on both customer satisfaction and innovation.
The role is to help create new sound recognition products and to work on continuous improvement programmes for existing products. The main tasks are:
- Setting up and running our machine learning algorithms on continually revised audio data sets using computing clusters to produce models
- Analysing the performance of these models on our extensive evaluation data sets
- Assisting research engineers in running R&D experiments
- Making improvements to the company’s machine learning processes
- Making recommendations to our data team about further data revisions
- Working with the Product Manager to understand the requirements of the company’s sound recognition products and working with customers to ensure our software is optimised for their end-user devices, thus acting as a link between Audio Analytic’s R&D and product delivery teams.
- Strong analytical skills
- A solid grounding in computer programming and machine learning
- Python coding abilities.
- Experience or interest in running large-scale computing processes
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix
- Skills in digital signal processing applied to audio signals
- Experience or interest in audio processing and/or acoustic modelling.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Inquisitive, creative and keen to learn
- Good communication skills and enjoy working in a team.
- A degree in a numerate subject, likely to have been Maths, Engineering or Computer Science
- At least one year of machine learning and applying machine learning and/or digital signal processing skills.
You can download the job description as a PDF here.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun.