Machine Learning Platforms Software Engineer
Audio Analytic is the pioneer of artificial audio intelligence, which is enabling a new generation of smart products to hear and react to the sounds around us. Developed through applying our machine learning algorithms to large, diverse and primarily-sourced audio data sets, our sound recognition software is embedded into a wide range of consumer products to help them react intelligently.
As part of the platform team you will be a key contributor to building our core platform for holding, cataloguing and processing audio data. This is a young project that offers the chance to work with a varied collection of technologies from Java to Python, PostgreSQL to Elasticsearch and deployment to AWS. Our core platform is evolving rapidly and is a hugely important part of our machine learning process.
You’ll be based in our Cambridge office, which is right in the middle of town. For a fast-paced company, our culture is what you’d expect: relaxed, fun, close-knit, hardworking and very rewarding.
- Software development on our core data and machine learning platform
- Development of the client application and tools for our core platform
- Support for company internal users of the data platform.
- Java development (Java 8 and above)
- Python development
- Familiarity with the Unix/Linux command-line
- SQL (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience of Spring or Spring Boot
- Exposure to Agile and Test Driven Development
- Experience of Elasticsearch would be of benefit
- Exposure to AWS would be a bonus
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills and enjoy working in a team
- Good organisational skills and ability to use own initiative
- Bachelor or Masters degree, in Computer Science or equivalent education
You can download a PDF of the job description here.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun.