Platforms Engineering Lead
At Audio Analytic we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high-volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed several high-profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
Leading the Platforms Engineering team, you will take a key strategic role in building out the infrastructure and tooling to support our machine learning of sounds. This includes Alexandria™ , the world’s largest commercially-exploitable audio data set and platform for consumer electronics; our machine learning compute platform built using Apache Spark; and our audio engineering frameworks for data augmentation, recording device integrity testing and remote management.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Helping direct the vision and roadmap of the company’s machine learning platforms and tools
- Leading the Platforms Engineering team with Agile collaboration and project management
- Line management and technical mentorship of team members
- Communicating across functions and driving platform engineering initiatives
- Participating in technical design, hands-on coding, test and production support
- Developing highly scalable systems using open source technologies like Apache Spark and cloud technologies (Amazon EC2, S3, RDS etc)
Skills and experience
- Previous experience in managing teams, with a strong sense of product ownership
- Excellent communication skills at technical and senior management levels
- Enthusiastic, driving your own schedule of workload and planning tasks
- Both a highly technical hands-on coder and effective people manager
- Expert knowledge in Java, Python and Unix shell scripting
- Knowledge of compute frameworks and cloud architectures
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Familiar with the Spring Boot Java Framework
- Familiar with machine learning concepts
- Understanding of audio and acoustics
If you were to create a word cloud that captured your personal attributes, it would need to include words like articulate, empathetic, analytical, practical and diplomatic. Those qualities will help you settle in and make a real difference from day one, which is really important to us – we want you to love what you do.
Working at Audio Analytic is intellectually challenging and rewarding, and we have fun. We are a very open company with a flat hierarchy and a collaborative and positive culture; we don’t stand on ceremony or behind titles, and we have a relaxed but ‘get it done’ approach to everything we do. In order to be successful here you’ll need to be able to embrace all our values and thrive within them, building relationships and communicating effectively with colleagues right across the business.
A bachelor’s or higher degree in a STEM subject.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include free gym membership, private healthcare, life assurance and free pizza.