Platforms Software Engineer
At Audio Analytic we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high-volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed a number of high-profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
As part of the platform team, you will be a key contributor to building our core platform for holding, cataloguing and processing audio data, and performing machine learning on that data. This is a young project that offers the chance to work with a varied collection of technologies from Java to Python, PostgreSQL to Elasticsearch and deployment to AWS. Our core platform is evolving rapidly and is a hugely important part of our machine learning process.
You’ll be based in our Cambridge office, which is right in the middle of town. For a fast-paced company, our culture is what you’d expect: relaxed, fun, close-knit, hardworking and very rewarding.
- Software development on our core data and machine learning platform
- Development of associated client applications and tools
- Working with our machine learning, data and QA teams to gather requirements from them and advise them in their use of the platforms.
- Java development (Java 8 and above)
- Python development
- Familiarity with the Unix/Linux command-line
- SQL (preferably PostgreSQL)
- Experience of Spring or Spring Boot
- Exposure to Agile and Test Driven Development
- Experience of Elasticsearch would be of benefit
- Exposure to AWS would be an absolute bonus
- Excellent problem-solving skills with strong attention to detail
- Good communication skills and enjoy working in a team
- Good organisational skills and ability to use own initiative
- Masters or Bachelor degree, in Computer Science or equivalent education
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun.