At Audio Analytic we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed a number of high profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in our field both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired. As we grow, we are looking to enhance and deepen our product management capabilities with a dedicated Product Analyst.
You’ll apply your curiosity and analytical mind to extract insight from our customers and consumers that can be used to build even better technology and new features. You’ll share this insight with commercial and engineering teams across the business, informing product development priorities and specifications, as well as QA methodologies. Your impact will be felt across the business from day one.
You’ll have a high degree of autonomy and will be supported to share your insights and ideas, and debate approaches to analysis. Like you, we believe that a relentless customer-centred focus and attention to detail can be a powerful combination.
What you’ll be doing
- Supporting our product development from a data-driven perspective and validating our performance specifications in terms of context and environment
- Analysing audio data and extracting actionable insights into product performance specifications, to inform priorities for future improvements
- Drilling into the detail of our QA methodologies and datasets to ensure these support and reflect end-user experience
- Building business cases for deeper research projects and product validation work to continuously improve our product performance
- Real world research into target devices; their underlying platforms and capabilities
- Researching target sounds that we want our technology to recognise, and related imposter sounds and translating this research into specifications of a dataset needed to support successful product development
- Translate new sound profile performance statistics into formal sound profile specifications
- Partner with product stakeholders to deeply understand our data and business needs, becoming an expert over time in translating these needs into specific analysis that yields actionable insights
- Conduct quantitative analysis of user behaviours to uncover issues or opportunities our teams can use to improve our methods and products
- Measuring and monitoring the product’s performance as well as organising and presenting product related consumer, market and competitive intelligence
- Working closely with engineering teams to develop core data sets that support accurate product analyses and iterative development
- Defining product goals collaboratively as well as developing key metrics for product enhancements
- In time go beyond the analysis — form opinions based on your research, product sense, and intuition, then drive teams to action with the narrative you create.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of the consumer electronics field ideally with experience of product launches
- Proven analytical capabilities, intellectual curiosity with a passion for delivering quality analysis
- High data literacy; the ability to manipulate, interpret and visualise data in a way that speaks to technical and non-technical groups – advanced Excel skills would be of great interest
- Diligence, initiative, dedication and excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to distribute knowledge across the business
- Robust organisational skills with the ability to handle rapidly evolving priorities
- As we grow our Agile ways of working, a background working in an Agile/SCRUM environment and familiarity with requirements techniques such as user stories and use cases would be very valuable
- Ability to facilitate a team to consensus on scope, design decisions, and implementation decisions and also to ask strong questions to help the team see areas that may lead to problems
- Passion for building products that delight customers and drive their success
- Expertise in conceptual modelling; ability to see the big picture, analyse risk and envision possible solutions
- Ability to document requirements formally or informally depending on the need of the project.
Working here is intellectually challenging and rewarding, and we have fun.
If you were to create a word cloud that captured your personal attributes, it would need to include words like confident, articulate, empathetic, analytical, practical and diplomatic. Those qualities will help you settle in and make a real difference from day one, which is really important to us – we want you to love what you do.
We are a very open company with a flat hierarchy and a collaborative and positive culture; we don’t stand on ceremony or behind titles, and we have a relaxed but ‘get it done’ approach to everything we do. In order to be successful here you’ll need to be able to embrace all our values and thrive within them, building relationships and communicating effectively with colleagues right across the business.
- Ideally, you’ll have a degree in computer science, music or audio technology, engineering, maths or a physical science
- Educational or professional experience with a heavy quantitative, analytical focus, working with large datasets; particularly data mining, manipulation and exploration.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun.