At Audio Analytic we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high-volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed several high-profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
We are looking for a Product Consultant to support the commercial team as a technical expert as they extend our world-leading sound recognition technology into new customers and new markets.
You’ll be based in our Cambridge office, which is right in the middle of town. For a fast-paced company, our culture is what you’d expect: relaxed, fun, close-knit, hardworking and very rewarding.
Your primary role will be to provide technical input into sales initiatives to help develop and close deals. There are two aspects to this:
- Pre-sales, where you will work closely with the sales and business development teams to support sales opportunities. You’ll expertly communicate the technical features, architecture and benefits of Audio Analytic’s sound recognition technology, as well as lead on detailed technical discussions with prospects
- Post-sales, where you will guide customers through the implementation of our software onto their devices, liaising closely with our internal engineering teams and our customers.
In order to do this effectively you will need to:
- Become an expert in the technicalities of our sound recognition software and be able to communicate and discuss the key features and benefits clearly
- Work with sales prospects remotely and through face-to-face meetings to assist and guide them as they assess, evaluate and trial our software
- Work with our agile product owners and engineering teams to determine what work is required for each customer and then ensure that work is done
- Write implementation proposals
- Provide support proactively to customers and sales prospects
- Communicate with members of the sales team regarding sales activities and tactics
- Continually review the effectiveness of our pre- and post-sales processes.
Skills and experience
You will have the following skills and experience, gained in a fast-paced environment:
- You are a team player: you excel at what you do and you know how to work with your colleagues in order to get the best from them
- You have strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills: you love the whole story of Audio Analytic, AI and sound recognition, and you know how to tell it
- You are technically-minded: you understand software and are fascinated by the application of machine learning to sound recognition
- You have first-hand experience of the product development process: enabling you to empathise with customers and demonstrate a shared understanding
- You have business acumen: you understand how to pitch technological benefit in a commercial business context
- You have international experience: you understand that people in different parts of the world think differently from each other, and you know how to work with that
- You have a strong intellect: you have at least a Bachelor’s degree in computer science or an engineering discipline, or you have equivalent work experience in a technical field
- You understand audio: you know your dBA from your AGC.
If you were to create a word cloud that captured your personal attributes, it would need to include words like articulate, empathetic, analytical, practical and diplomatic. Those qualities will help you settle in and make a real difference from day one, which is important to us – we want you to love what you do.
Working at Audio Analytic is intellectually challenging and rewarding, and we have fun. We are a very open company with a flat hierarchy and a collaborative and positive culture; we don’t stand on ceremony or behind titles, and we have a relaxed but ‘get it done’ approach to everything we do. In order to be successful here, you’ll need to be able to embrace all our values and thrive within them, building relationships and communicating effectively with colleagues right across the business.
For this role you’ll also need to be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- First-rate stakeholder communication
- Excellent organization and time management.
Degree education, likely to have been in a STEM subject, or equivalent experience.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work / life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include free gym membership, private healthcare, life assurance and free pizza every Friday.