At Audio Analytic we create exceptional human experiences through a greater sense of hearing. We’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high-volume consumer electronics sector, where we partner with leading consumer tech companies to enable their products with an accurate, robust, and compact sense of hearing. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC, Wired, and Forbes.
As part of the company’s research team, you will investigate and evaluate new algorithms to enhance the capabilities of our unique sound recognition system.
Responsibilities include developing new algorithms in house, identifying and reporting on state-of-the-art methods, evaluating innovative solutions on large scale field datasets, and educating others on these innovations to ensure their successful adoption into the company’s products and processes.
Skills and experience
- Demonstrable skills in applying and innovating with machine learning, including deep learning, to solve real life user experience scenarios.
- Programming, scripting, and algorithm prototyping: Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, SciKit-Learn, Python.
- Capacity to foresee machine learning-based solutions able to deliver on user experience specifications; desire to contribute innovation.
- Interest in developing deep learning solutions for digital signal processing (DSP) problems, for example audio, speech or music processing, computer vision, or time series processing.
- Experience with audio source separation.
- Experience with multi-channel recordings and multi-microphone applications such as beam-forming
- Experience with ML aided audio filtering and generation
- Experience with transferring knowledge and integrating a machine learning solution into product operations.
If you were to create a word cloud that captured your personal attributes, it would need to include words like articulate, empathetic, analytical, practical, and diplomatic. Those qualities will help you settle in and make a real difference from day one, which is important to us – we want you to love what you do.
Working here is intellectually challenging and rewarding, and we have fun. We are a very open company with a flat hierarchy and a collaborative and positive culture; we don’t stand on ceremony or behind titles, and we have a relaxed but ‘get it done’ approach to everything we do. To be successful here you’ll need to be able to embrace all our values and thrive within them, building relationships and communicating effectively with colleagues right across the business.
For this role you’ll also need to be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent problem-solving skills, research and evaluation methodology, foresight
- Ability to communicate deep tech to less technical stakeholders
- Track record of academic publications is a plus
- Enjoy contributing as a member of a team as well as using your own initiative
- PhD entry level; or
- Master’s degree and two years of working experience; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
The working experience or PhD needs to have been in a topic involving the use of machine learning, particularly deep learning, to solve a perceptual AI use case (e.g., sound recognition, speech recognition, music retrieval, video segmentation, computer vision etc.) or a signal processing use case (e.g., time series analysis, source separation, noise removal etc.)
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work / life balance. Most of us are currently working remotely due to COVID-19. As more people return to the office, where jobs allow, we will support flexible working in terms of days spent in or away from the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include free gym membership, private healthcare, and life assurance. For more information, visit our benefits page here.
How to apply
Please upload a PDF document including your CV bundled with a cover letter answering the two following questions in a maximum of 100 words:
- Why would you like to work with us?
- How do your skills apply to the position?