Senior Business Development Manager
At Audio Analytic, we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high-volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed a number of high-profile marquee customers. We are recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
We are looking for a Senior Business Development Manager, reporting to our VP Strategic Partners, to play an instrumental role in building on our existing commercial relationships and establishing new ones. You will be an experienced, collaborative and committed person, demonstrably able to make connections with a wide range of people and work closely with them for mutual benefit.
You will be responsible for establishing and managing valuable relationships within existing and target accounts. Key elements of the role include:
- Owning the commercial strategy for your accounts, aligned with and guided by the wider business strategy, and sharing your plans and progress internally
- Understanding and being able to explain clearly where and how Audio Analytic’s capabilities add value to a wide range of stakeholders in your target accounts
- Establishing mutually beneficial relationships with key contacts in your accounts based on a shared understanding of Audio Analytic’s value
- Understanding the route to close for the commercial opportunities you’ve developed, and taking them right through to a successful conclusion
- Owning short and long term sales forecasts, constantly exceeding expectations
- Contributing to the company’s broader commercial strategy
- Collaborating and maintaining strong relationships with colleagues, especially Marketing, Product Management and Engineering
- Continuously improving processes; defining and monitoring metrics.
Skills and personal attributes
- Your leadership and interpersonal skills inspire the people around you, and your dependability allows you to build trust and collaborate effectively with multiple teams, both internally and externally
- You are able to operate independently both at the highest strategic level and down into the deepest commercial detail
- Your excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail mean that you can explain things simply, clearly and accurately to diverse audiences
- You can quickly understand and decompose large business problems, backing up decisions and recommendations with effective analysis
- Your grounding in machine learning fundamentals means you can maintain credibility with customers’ technical teams, and you understand when to bring in our skilled engineers to add further value
- You are a firm believer in the power of the team, and your positive and pragmatic attitude energises the people around you
- You are not afraid to roll up your metaphorical (or sometimes physical) sleeves and get stuck in when you see gaps that need filling
- Your passion for what Audio Analytic does shines through, and you want to bring your experience and wisdom to this key position in our company
- You have a high level of integrity and commitment to excellence.
Education and experience
- Degree education
- Deep experience and success in a business development role within a software company
- Ideally, experience of the consumer electronics and SoC markets.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work / life balance. Most of us are currently working remotely due to COVID-19. As more people return to the office, where jobs allow, we will support flexible working in terms of days spent in or away from the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include free gym membership, private healthcare, and life assurance. For more information, visit our benefits page here.