Senior Product Manager
At Audio Analytic, we have built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high-volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed a number of high-profile marquee customers. We are recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
We are looking for a Senior Product Manager who will play an instrumental role in defining and delivering innovative products with compelling use cases in our multiple markets. You will be at the centre of the business, working closely with the Senior Management team, Product Owners, Engineering, Marketing and Sales & BD.
Primary Role and Responsibilities
- Work with the CEO on product strategy, assessing and prioritising opportunities across multiple markets, underpinned by clear and thorough analysis
- Be the recognised cross-market expert on our products, collaborating internally and with customers to identify product needs and opportunities
- Own the product roadmap, consisting of multiple strands across multiple markets
- Take responsibility for product requirements and specifications, supporting Engineering with the detail and decision-making they need through the course of development to hit product objectives
- Own the product lifecycle from market analyses through MVP to commercial product, collaborating closely with Engineering, Product Owner and commercial teams to ensure technical feasibility, realistic estimation and market fit at each stage
- Define and share the metrics necessary to inform you and other stakeholders of the quality of products, working with Engineering teams to analyse and interpret evaluation data
- Work closely with our Senior Product Owner on the continuous improvement of our new product development process
- Support our commercial and marketing teams on the product rollout process, helping develop accompanying collateral and working with key customers on adoption of new capabilities
- Support sales activities, where your deep market insight and product knowledge helps moves the conversation forward
- Be recognised as a leader within the company, maintaining strong relationships with all stakeholders.
Skills and personal qualities
- Your leadership and interpersonal skills inspire the people around you, and your dependability allows you to build trust and collaborate effectively with multiple teams from different disciplines
- You are a passionate and knowledgeable advocate for customers and end-users of our products, and you can explain compelling use cases clearly
- Your love of data and quantitative techniques means you back up your decisions and recommendations with effective analysis
- Your grounding in machine learning fundamentals means you can engage with technical innovation and challenges in equal measure, and your connection with skilled engineers means you’re not afraid to ask for more information
- You are a firm believer in the power of the team and bring your unfailing positivity, enthusiasm and honesty to bear in all aspects of teamwork
- Your excellent written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail mean that you can explain things simply, clearly and accurately to diverse audiences
- You are not afraid to roll up your metaphorical (or sometimes physical) sleeves and get stuck in when you see gaps that need filling
- Your passion for product management shines through, and you want to bring your experience, wisdom and understanding to this key position in our company.
Education and experience
- Degree education
- At least 4 years in a product management role, ideally in a B2B company.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work / life balance. Most of us are currently working remotely due to COVID-19. As more people return to the office, where jobs allow, we will support flexible working in terms of days spent in or away from the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include free gym membership, private healthcare, life assurance and free pizza.