Senior Research Engineer
At Audio Analytic, we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed a number of high profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
As part of the company’s research team, your expertise will support the investigation and evaluation of new algorithms to enhance the capabilities of our unique sound recognition system. Responsibilities include developing new algorithms in house, identifying and reporting on state-of-the-art methods, evaluating innovative solutions on large scale field datasets, educating others on these innovations to ensure their successful adoption into the company’s products and processes, and mentoring other team members.
- Demonstrable skills in applying and innovating with machine learning, including deep learning, to solve real life user experience scenarios.
- Deep understanding of machine learning and optimisation theory, e.g., capacity to formulate new loss functions or new architectures to address particular performance issues, or capacity to justify the choice of existing solutions at the theoretical or mathematical level.
- Independent problem solving and capacity to guide others.
- Programming, scripting and algorithm prototyping: Keras, Tensorflow, PyTorch, SciKit-Learn, Python.
- Capacity to foresee machine learning-based solutions able to deliver on user experience specifications; desire to contribute innovation.
Optional but a plus
- Interest in developing deep learning solutions for digital signal processing (DSP) problems, for example audio, speech or music processing, computer vision, or time series processing.
- Experience with audio source separation.
- Experience with transferring knowledge and integrating a machine learning solution into product operations.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, research and evaluation methodology, foresight
- Ability to communicate deep tech to less technical stakeholders
- Track record of academic publications or patent applications
- Enjoy contributing as a member of a team and mentoring others
Education and experience
- Five years’ industrial experience if you hold a Master’s degree
- PhD with two years post-doctoral or industry experience in a related area; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience in an appropriate field.
This education/experience must include significant academic or industrial achievements in a topic involving the use of machine learning, particularly deep learning, to solve a perceptual AI use case (e.g. sound recognition, speech recognition, music retrieval, video segmentation, computer vision etc.) or a signal processing use case (e.g. time series analysis, source separation, noise removal etc.)
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work / life balance. Most of us are currently working remotely due to COVID-19. As more people return to the office, where jobs allow, we will support flexible working in terms of days spent in or away from the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include free gym membership, private healthcare, life assurance and free pizza. See more at https://www.audioanalytic.com/careers/benefits/
How to apply
Please upload a pdf document below, including your CV bundled with a cover letter answering the two following questions in a maximum of 100 words:
- Why would you like to work with us?
- How do your skills apply to the position?
Thank you for applying to join Audio Analytic!