Senior Research Engineer
At Audio Analytic we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high-volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed a number of high-profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
As part of AALabs, the company’s R&D division, you will contribute significant expertise and leadership to researching and evaluating new algorithms, to push the limits of our unique sound recognition system. Responsibilities include developing new algorithms in-house, identifying and reporting on state-of-the-art methods, evaluating both types of solutions on large-scale field data sets and mentoring other team members.
You’ll be a key part of a highly innovative company working at the cutting edge of consumer technology, involved in bringing some of the most advanced consumer products to market. We are looking for people who thrive as part of a dedicated and innovative team, love challenges and are passionate about audio/sound, DSP and Machine Learning.
- Demonstrable skills in Machine Learning applied to Audio Signals.
- Demonstrable experience dealing with at least one type of Machine Learning algorithm (e.g., Deep Neural Networks, Hidden Markov Models, Support Vector Machines, Decision Trees etc.) applied to the processing of Audio Signals.
- Good knowledge of Digital Signal Processing for Audio Signals.
- Scripting and algorithm prototyping: Python, bash.
- Development under Linux/Unix mandatory, Windows optional.
- Experience with at least one standard Machine Learning package, amongst but not limited to: Tensorflow, Keras, MXNet, SciKit-Learn, Torch, Theano, HTK, Kaldi etc.
- Signal processing with microphone arrays.
- Advanced acoustics, e.g., sound field processing.
- Programming: C/C++ coding and code optimisation.
- Ability to deliver on research and evaluation methodology
- Good communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Track record of academic publications or patent applications is required
- Enjoy working autonomously as a member of a team and mentoring teammates
- Self-confident and highly motivated
- Ability to deal confidently with a variety of people at all levels
- Able to manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Good organisational skills
- Good standard of written and spoken English.
Must have either a Master’s degree or higher, or a PhD, with significant academic or industrial achievements in one of the following topics:
- Machine Learning applied to Audio Signals
- Digital Signal Processing of Audio Signals
- Automatic Speech/Speaker Recognition
- Music Information Retrieval
- Acoustic Events Detection
- Statistical Speech Synthesis
- Thematic Indexing of Audio tracks (e.g., Speaker Diarization, Acoustic Segmentation of Video Documents etc.).
- Five years’ industrial experience if you hold a Master’s degree; or
- PhD with four years post-doctoral or industry experience in a related area or;
- An equivalent combination of education and experience in an appropriate field.
You can download a PDF of the job description here.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work/life balance.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun.