Senior Software Engineer
At Audio Analytic we’ve built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed a number of high profile marquee customers. We’re recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to further enhance the tools and services that underpin the development of our exceptional audio machine learning products. You will not only exploit your extensive knowledge of software development in Python but also integrate new and varied technologies ranging from storage and compute infrastructure, AWS and databases through to web applications and machine learning platforms such as TensorFlow and PyTorch.
As a key member of the Platforms team, you will use your experience of engineering dependable and effective software systems to create and develop the services, client applications and tools that constitute our core machine learning platform. You will also work closely with our data engineers, machine learning engineers and researchers to guide them on how their work integrates with the platform.
Skills and Experience
As well as being a great software engineer, you will also have a background in either machine learning, audio, or scaling systems and optimising code performance. Our tool suite uses a wide set of technologies and draws on several domains of expertise so we’re not expecting you to have covered all the areas already. We’re looking for someone who will enjoy both sharing their unique existing knowledge and learning new areas from others on the team in this fascinating and dynamic field.
In terms of technologies, we’re seeking someone with experience in some, but likely not all, of the following:
- Scientific Python development (Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib)
- Solid understanding of Linux for multi-processor, multi-host web service and command-line development
- SQL (Postgres, Sqlite) , NoSQL
- Exposure to popular ML platforms (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Airflow, Spark, MLflow)
- Infrastructure provisioning (Docker, Ansible, HashiCorp Packer, Terraform)
- Design and implementation of systems that utilise AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, IAM, Lambda, EKS)
For this role you’ll also need to be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Consultative: ability to mentor the team on best practices in software development
- Collaborative: able to clearly explain your ideas and listen to the ideas of others
- Focused: staying on track until the current commitment is complete
- Ingenious: creating innovative designs, systems and processes
- Considered: examining a range of options with an understanding of the wider impact
You are likely to have:
- A degree in Computer Science or equivalent education
- At least 4 years of work experience in a software engineering role
If that does not match your background, but your software engineering experiences are a great fit for the role, we would nonetheless be keen to hear from you.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work / life balance. Most of us are currently working remotely due to COVID-19. As more people return to the office, where jobs allow, we will support flexible working in terms of days spent in or away from the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include free gym membership, private healthcare, life assurance and free pizza.