Software – Machine Learning Engineer
At Audio Analytic, we have built a market for artificial audio intelligence within the high-volume consumer electronics sector, and we’ve signed a number of high-profile marquee customers. We are recognised as the leaders in the field of AI and sound recognition both by our customers and by market commentators such as IDC and Wired.
We are looking for an ML Engineer to work on our machine learning pipeline. This pipeline is critical in enabling us to build models that form the core of exciting new products for our customers and their millions of users.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Building efficient, scalable, and robust machine learning pipelines used to train, debug, and evaluate models for customer deliveries.
- Working with other ML Engineers to understand their requirements for new and existing tools.
- When required, working with other engineers in the platforms, research, and data teams to facilitate larger project deliverables.
This role is mostly focussed on the software engineering aspects of ML engineering. We are also looking for ML Engineers focussed on model creation – see Models – Machine Learning Engineer role.
Skills and personal attributes
- Highly proficient in Python.
- Hands-on experience implementing machine learning or statistical techniques (not necessarily in the audio domain).
- Experience with TensorFlow or Pytorch.
- Experience with common numeric/scientific Python libraries, e.g. numpy and scipy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Experience with Linux, Git, unit testing, documentation and continuous integration.
- Experience using AWS, GCP, Azure or other cloud computing platforms.
- Experience with experiment tracking tools, e.g. MLFlow.
- MLOps experience.
- Knowledge of basic audio or signal processing techniques.
Education and experience
- A first-class or 2:1 degree in a STEM subject.
- At least two years of work experience in a software engineering role.
If that does not match your background, but your software engineering and ML experience are a great fit for the role, we would nonetheless be keen to hear from you.
Offices are in Cambridge City centre. Casual dress code, informal and sociable atmosphere, and a good work / life balance. Most of us are currently working remotely due to COVID-19. As more people return to the office, where jobs allow, we will support flexible working in terms of days spent in or away from the office.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We offer a highly competitive range of benefits to help you live well, plan ahead and have fun. These include free gym membership, private healthcare, life assurance and free pizza. See more at https://www.audioanalytic.com/careers/benefits/