March 22, 2022
Coming soon: The Machine Listening Podcast
We are really pleased to announce that we are launching The Machine Listening Podcast and the first episode will be available on Tuesday, March 29th.
The podcast gives us an opportunity to share some really inspiring and insightful conversations with an eclectic mix of academics, artists, technologists, researchers, business leaders and authors. While they might come at the topics of machine learning and sound processing from very different perspectives, their points of view make for fascinating listening.
You can hear more about it in our introduction episode:
We aspire to create something that becomes essential listening for anybody who has an interest in consumer electronics, machine learning and signal processing.
We’ll be covering topics such as:
- Sand dunes that sound like aeroplanes and the impact of environmental acoustics
- How a world-famous, double-Grammy winning musician uses her body as a resonating chamber to overcome the fact that she has been deaf since the age of 12
- The challenges of launching a spacecraft that can listen
- How an understanding of sound can help catch criminals
- How sound is so powerful that it can lift things
- The challenges of teaching in an area that is moving so quickly
- The importance of teaching machines how to ‘post-process’
- The drivers behind the shift to running models at the edge
- And much, much more…
You can subscribe to the podcast in the usual places like Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Amazon Music, Deezer, Podcast Addict, Podchaser, Podcast Index, Stitcher and Player FM. The podcast will shortly be available on Google Podcasts.
You can also subscribe to our blog to receive updates when an episode is available, as well as all the relevant links and background information.